The DONNA Foundation Celebrates Every Mom with 5K Race in Riverside This Mother’s Day Weekend
Black Knight DONNA Mother’s Day 5K will be held Saturday, May 13, 2023
Jacksonville, Fla. –– April 13, 2023 –– The DONNA Foundation will host its annual Black Knight DONNA Mother’s Day 5K race this spring in Jacksonville’s Riverside neighborhood. The event will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023, starting and finishing at the Black Knight Riverside campus.
Funds raised through the Black Knight DONNA Mother’s Day 5K and the Celebrate Every Mom Fundraising Campaign will support The DONNA Foundation’s mission to provide economic assistance and emotional support to individuals living with breast cancer and fund groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Approximately one in three patients served by The DONNA Foundation are mothers with children at home. By hosting this event on the Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend, Foundation leaders hope to inspire moms everywhere to take steps toward understanding, improving and protecting their breast health.
“As a mom, the annual DONNA Mother’s Day race holds a special place in my heart,” said Amanda Napolitano, Executive Director of The DONNA Foundation. “Moms who are undergoing breast cancer treatment while raising their families need our support, and we love honoring and celebrating them at this event every year. We look forward to welcoming every mom in Jacksonville and beyond to Riverside this Mother’s Day weekend to run, walk, fundraise and cheer on these fierce women and their families.”
The Mother’s Day race will begin and end at the Black Knight Riverside campus, starting at 8 a.m. Along the way, participants will experience the beauty of Riverside’s historic architecture and gardens at the height of the spring blooming season, and the iconic St. Johns River via the Jacksonville River Walk.
“Unfortunately, breast cancer is something that has touched many Black Knight family members,” said Cheryl Kelly, The DONNA Foundation board member and Senior Director of Human Resources at Black Knight. “Our company is proud to have sponsored The DONNA Mother’s Day 5K these past several years and is equally proud of the impact The DONNA Foundation has on our community.”
During the 30 days leading up to Mother’s Day (April 13 through May 14), The DONNA Foundation will celebrate moms locally and across the nation through its Celebrate Every Mom campaign. Supporters can join in this effort by:
- Registering to run or walk in the Black Knight DONNA Mother’s Day 5K. Participants will enjoy the DONNA 5K route along Jacksonville’s beautiful riverside, starting and ending at Black Knight. Runners can choose to run in person or virtually their way, with time submissions open through Sunday, May 14. Register at https://runsignup.com/donnamd5k.
- Supporting the “Celebrate Every Mom” gift challenge by making a donation in support of the critical programs of The DONNA Foundation, starting a fundraiser or joining an existing fundraising team. Organizations can go the extra mile by hosting a fundraiser in partnership with their place of busi Give or fundraise at https://runsignup.com/Race/Donate/FL/Jacksonville/DONNAMD5K
- Partnering with The DONNA Foundation to become a sponsor of the 2023 Black Knight DONNA Mother’s Day 5K event. Sponsor and vendor opportunities designed to maximize brand exposure locally, regionally and nationwide to a unique, and desirable demographic are available. Companies can also sponsor race registrations for employees. Learn more at https://runsignup.com/Race/DONNAMD5K/Page/sponsor.
- Honoring your favorite mom while also celebrating breast cancer survivorship! Share your stories with us using the hashtag #CelebrateEveryMom and follow The DONNA Foundation on social media for stories celebrating moms over the coming weeks.
- Making an appointment for your mammogram on the Buddy Bus at the 5K, sponsored by Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center. Studies show early detection of breast cancer is key, noting that cancer caught in early stages has a 93% survival rate. To register for a mammogram at the 5K or another Buddy Bus event, visit com/buddy.
The Black Knight DONNA Mother’s Day 5K is the second event of The DONNA Foundation’s 2023 Fearless Series, with the final event of the year, the DONNA 5K at TPC Sawgrass taking place on October 7. Registration is open at runsignup.com/Race/Info/FL/Jacksonville/DONNAMD5K.
Full details for The DONNA Foundation’s 2024 Series, including the 17th Annual DONNA Marathon Weekend (February 2-4, 2024), will be announced later this year.
The DONNA Foundation was established in June of 2003, celebrating its 20th anniversary year, by three-time breast cancer survivor and award-winning journalist Donna Deegan to meet the critical financial needs of the underserved living with breast cancer. Our mission is to provide financial assistance and support to individuals living with breast cancer and fund groundbreaking breast cancer research. Over the last two decades, The DONNA Foundation has served more than 17,000 families, securing more than $4.9 million in financial services and debt relief. The organization has also disbursed $3.3 million in support of translational genomics and immune studies and research. The organization also operates in-person and virtual events and programs for survivorship, education and awareness. For more information, visit www.TheDONNAFoundation.org.
About Black Knight
Black Knight, Inc. (NYSE:BKI) is an award-winning software, data and analytics company that drives innovation in the mortgage lending and servicing and real estate industries, as well as the capital and secondary markets. Businesses leverage our robust, integrated solutions across the entire homeownership life cycle to help retain existing customers, gain new customers, mitigate risk and operate more effectively.
Our clients rely on our proven, comprehensive, scalable products and our unwavering commitment to delivering superior client support to achieve their strategic goals and better serve their customers. For more information on Black Knight, please visit www.blackknightinc.com.